November 14, 2009

Painterly Princess



Something with paint-like strokes & swirls still appeals to me, even though I've seen some fashion mags claim this trend to be outdated. If so, I can still claim that the colors are still on trend, especially purple. And why sandals in November? Well...1) because I can (online fantasy daaahling) and 2) because it's still about 80 degrees in Texas & I'm still wearing shorts. Purple haze smocked dress from Fredflare.com (<--check them out! So Cute) ($62); Zigi Soho Twinkle ankle cuff sandal from DSW.com ($69.95); alice + olivia Beatrix patent platform sandal from Payless.com, (Clearance $19.99). To paint a pretty picture (get it? ha....ha), sport the colorful shoes; to toughen up a bit, wear the Balmain Spring 2009 look-a-likes from DSW. Original Balmain below:


If it were colder, sheer black hose and closed-toe shooties would be my alternative, like maybe one of these:

From left: Miss Me Agnes 9 pleated suede bootie, DSW.com, Clearance $29.94; UrbanOutfitters.com; Buckled booties, Charlotterusse.com, 29.99; Lela Rose for Payless Mallory suede bootie, payless.com, $34.99 (if you really wanna pop)

No comments: