February 23, 2011

Real Life --> Remixed!

Remixing Real Life

I was in the hallway today at school, standing and talking with a friend after class, and a woman walked by us and asked for directions. She was brunette, slender, about medium height and looked really cute in her celebrating-a-nice-spring-day outfit, which consisted of a pale pink, cotton, fitted yet comfy top with tiered ruffles on the sleeves, slim light khaki capris, and heels. My friend and I both noticed how nice she looked for a normal hum-drum Wednesday and it inspired me to start a "Remixing Real Life" series where I'll recreate any look that strikes my fancy when out and about. My friend was lucky enough to find the actual shirt worn by our trendy traveler and I added the rest. I prefer the darker pants because of the contrast in color, and especially because they're made of soft 100% Tencel material and lilac, one of my favorite colors!

Spring is almost here!

Top: Tulip sleeve T (pink fairy), GAP.com, 29.50
Capris (left to right): The soft pant (shady brown), GAP.com, 59.50; Broken-in skimmer (khaki), GAP.com, 49.50
Necklace: Clearly Clustered Necklace, CharlotteRusse.com, 10.50
Bag: Two Time Large Tote, NineWest.com, 99
Heels (left to right): BCBGeneration Anja, Piperlime.com, 118; Street Noise Peep-Toe Platform Heel, CharlotteRusse.com, 38; Christian Siriano Zanzi Exotic Wedge, Payless.com, 49.99

No comments: